Date: 4th September 2009 at 11:55pm
Written by:

The Mirror are reporting that Swansea City have completed the signing of Cedric van der Gun.

The Swans were first linked with the 30 year-old left winger last week when Voetbal International reported that we were in talks about signing the free agent.

His agent says he’s very interested in joining Swansea City as he is looking for a new challenge in the English League after leaving FC Utrecht in the Summer.

Karel Jansen said:

‘Cedric is very interested in the move to Swansea,’

‘They have made an offer and we are currently negotiating.

‘It’s not finalised yet, but I am hopeful it can go through. The player is willing to join Swansea, but they have to get the deal right.

‘They are not far off. We are just waiting to hear back from them.

‘I don’t know when the move will go through. We are just waiting for Swansea.’


We’ve been waiting for news this week on whether or not he has put pen to paper at the Liberty Stadium.

The Mirror, not the best of news sources, one of the worst I’d say, reports that ‘Swansea have signed former Ajax forward Cedric van der Gun, 30, on a free transfer.’

Who knows whether or not the newspaper is correct with this one, but we’ll have to wait until we see it confirmed on the Official Site first before we get our hopes up.

Van Der Gun was in impressive form last season, scoring 10 goals in 21 games in the Dutch top flight.

He’s unattached so he is able to sign outside of the transfer window, which closed on Tuesday.