Swansea City have completed the signing of Shrewsbury Town left wing-back Nathanael Ogbeta with just minutes remaining of the transfer window closing.
Ogbeta has signed a two-and-a-half-year deal costing a fee in the region of £300,000.
The Swans were in desperate need of a left wing-back and when it looked like no business whatsoever would be done on deadline day, we started hearing some news that the club were pushing to get a late deal done for the 20-year-old.
But to get the move done, Swansea City had to get a loan out of the door to help fund the move as Liam Walsh completed a temporary switch to Hull City, who beat us 2-0 on Saturday.
Swansea City’s January Transfers:
- Cyrus Christie (Fulham, loan)
- Hannes Wolf (Borussia Mönchengladbach, loan)
- Andy Fisher (MK Dons, £400k)
- Finley Burns (Manchester City, loan)
- Dan Williams (Dundalk, loan)
- Steven Benda (Peterborough United, loan)
- Liam Cullen (Lincoln City, loan)
- Lewis Webb (Shelbourne, loan)
- Morgan Whittaker (Lincoln City, loan)
- Ethan Laird (Manchester United, loan ended)
- Rhys Williams (Liverpool , loan cancelled)
- Jake Bidwell (Coventry City, permanent)
- Brandon Cooper (Swindon Town, loan)