Josho shares his views by answering our latest Fans Interview.
1. Roberto Martinez decided to release Tom Williams and Andy Oakes last month, did you agree with this decision?
I thought releasing Tom Williams was a bit strange but agreed with Oakes. He didn’t have a chance with us and I don’t think he would have played much this season either if he signed.
2 Out of the out of contract players offered new deals – Kristian O’Leary, Steven Watt, Izzy Iriekpen, Adebayo Akinfenwa and Garry Monk, who would you like to see stay and go?
O’Leary- Go (I want him to stay but he won’t get first team football here)
Watt- Stay (hasn’t been given a real chance and has been unlucky with injuries)
monk-Stay (I like monk and I think we have missed him at the back)
Izzy- GO (he needs to think before he criticied the club. we need to let him go and make sure this doesn’t happen again)
3. Austin has signed a new contract at the club; do you think we should have offered him a new deal?
Yes he deserved it he gave 100% every game he played in last season.
4 Izzy Iriekpen has moaned a few times to the press regarding the contract situation, what were your thoughts on this? Should he just keep quiet or does he have the right to speak out? Would you like him to stay?
As I said above I think we should let him go now. He’s a bad influence and he’s not helping himself by criticising the club! LET HIM GO!
5. Martinez’s first signings were Jason Scotland and Matty Collins, what are your views on their arrivals?
I havent been this excited to see a signign since Trundle signed with Scotland he sounds like a awesome catch! Matty collins I know nothing about but he sounds promising from what I have read about him.
6. With just one keeper at the club, should Martinez be looking for a new goalkeeper or one as backup for Willy Gueret?
Yes I think Goalkeeper is a priority now we need somebody to challenge Willy. Dorus De Vries will do.
7. The ‘Dutch Roy Keane’ (Ferrie Bodde) is our recent signing for £50,000, what are your views on his arrival? Do we need another central midfielder?
Sounds like another great signing and I think Bodde signing will lead to O’Leary leaving to Cheltenham so he’s a younger replacement.
8. Kristian O’Leary has been offered a 3 year-deal by Cheltenham, would like to see him go or is his time up at Swansea?
I would like O’Leary to stay but I don’t think he would get much first team football here so I think it would be better for him if he moved to Cheltenham.
9. How confident are you that Roberto Martinez can finally deliver us promotion to the Championship next season? What are your predictions for next season?
I am quietly confident I think with a new goalkeeper and a left winger we should be aiming to win this league next season. I think we will win the league too.
Thank you Josho for your views, if you would like to express your views about all things Swansea City then please join our forum. It`s totally free and registration takes only a few minutes to complete.