Date: 1st October 2007 at 7:45pm
Written by:

Accrington Stanley fans seemed to be mostly impressed with Ian Craney’s return to his former club after starting Saturday’s game away at Bury.

Craney has found it difficult to force his away into the first team this season and requested a loan move to gain some first team experience.

Other League One clubs were interested in signing him on a temporary basis but he opted to join his previous club.

Here’s a selection of fans’ views from accringtonweb.com

”GREAT to have Craney back,to me MOM today.”

”Craney was magnificent, showing all the pace, trickery and shooting we have been missing and was so unlucky not to get on the scoresheet.”

”Dsane didn’t play because Craney played as a second forward, just off Mullin. Craney was good today and if he keeps that up he’ll be a major asset for us.”

”What worried me today was that Craney looked head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch, which shows just how little progress we’ve made since he left us last year. I feel you can lay elements of blame at the door of everyone EXCEPT CRANEY.”

”Craney played well and was unlucky with a couple of shots, both of which the keeper saved.”


In our current site poll, 68% have voted that he should move on, while the remaining 32% want to see him return.

Is Craney better off making his loan move at Accrington permenant? Or should he return to the Swans?

CLICK HERE TO SHARE YOUR VIEWS





Photo courtesy of welshfootballnews.co.uk