Date: 7th June 2009 at 2:32pm
Written by:

Huw Jenkins has told Sky Sports News that he has received around 100 applications for the vacant manager’s job.

Wales Online reported earlier that the club had received 50, but the Swans chairman has revealed it’s double that amount.

Roberto Martinez is expected to complete his move to Wigan Athletic on Wednesday as the Swans look to appoint his replacement.

Jenkins said:

‘I have had about 100 enquiries already,’

‘Looking where we were three or four years ago it shows, with the number of applicants, that the profile has grown and it’s going to be a very difficult job to replace Roberto.

‘Out of those 100 enquiries I could easily have 30 on a list and they’re all top quality.’

‘It’s all about to get under way because the timing of it is not ideal,’ he stated.

‘We have a few weeks left before the players are back in pre-season but we have not established a shortlist yet.’


Gary Speed, John Hartson, Aidy Boothroyd, Falkirk boss John Hughes and Hearts manager Csaba László (pictured above) are just a few of the names being linked with taking over at the Liberty Stadium.

“This is a very positive sign. It was not long ago that all we would have had was a bunch of ‘no mark’ managers sniffing around, and we would have to actively sell the club to anyone worthwhile. The stock at SCFC has risen, and maybe we should not be so down heartened losing Roberto, as we may end up with someone who can help turn draws into wins.”
PeterGriffin